Until 1965, the US used real silver in its quarters: that year they stopped, since the value of the quarter’s silver exceeded 25 cents. No one would believe that I’m starving,” so I didn’t do it. Rent out Your Apartment and Go Stay with a Friend
I heard of a woman who advertised that she would wait for the cable guy, the electrician, or a plumber for you for a certain rate per hour. Rent out Your Couch (or Spare Room)
In the summer, in places like the northwest, blackberries grow like weeds. Taxi, Anyone?
Do You Need Money Now?
My idea of fast cash is getting money now, not in a week, but having cash in hand that day and without needing a lot of money to invest in to begin with.
10. Value depends on the scarcity of the coin and the current price of silver: last I checked, silver was worth about $20.00 an ounce.
If you have family or friends, ask them for a loan. Everywhere else you’re kind of out of luck on this one, although more and more movies are getting made in places like New Orleans, San Francisco, Miami, and Atlanta. These days, it’s so easy to list a temporary rental on Craigslist, anyone can do it. If not, then you are just throwing your money away because the odds are against you. Seriously, all I did was walk him out, help him back to his apartment, and get him some ice at the corner store. So give it a go. Pick Fruit and Sell It
Give the local taxi service a run for their money. I considered it for a moment but thought, “I’m too fat. If you want to do this, just Google “where can I sell plasma in [your town]” and go from there.
Babysitters make about $10.00 an hour (depending on your area and how many kids are being watched). Check out other snow-shovelers, see what they are charging, and then undercut them a little. Sell Something on Craigslist or eBay
I think gold is going up, up, up, so you won’t get the best deal, but if you really need cash right now, I mean today, they will give it to you.
The nice thing about this is that you can do other jobs while you’re on the job, like babysitting, so you could make twice the money for the same hours. Counting cards at card games like blackjack–using memory techniques to estimate the proportion of low to high cards left in the deck–can put the odds in your favor when you bet. I did this once for a man who was hospitalized and didn’t want to impose on his friends to come and pick him up. If you can wait until the end of the week to be paid, there are informal taxi services like Uber which will hire you as an independent contractor.
I know this makes no sense, but let me explain. Exchange Your Paper Dollars for Quarters
2. You’d be surprised at what people will buy!
Sit in front of Starbucks looking depressed, with a cup and a sign saying that you need money for food. Have a Garage Sale
In New York and other large cities, you can make from $400 to $1000 a week promoting clubs. Count Cards
Here are some ideas that you may not have thought of before. I did several odd jobs from that site and was always paid well, in cash, that very day. Same-Day Jobs
Depending on where you live, Craigslist often has one-day jobs like cleaning someone’s apartment that day. Borrow It. Sometimes you’ll find valuable old coins that you can sell for a profit. If you live in a busy destination spot or you know of a big upcoming event in your town, consider using your house or apartment to earn money.
This isn’t what you think: Get your mind out of the gutter! There are websites like care.com or Craigslist where you can offer your services for a day or two for cash. Some are online and some are offline, some well-worn and others a bit edgy, but hey, you need money and a man’s got to do what a man’s (or woman’s) got to do!
If your stuff is too valuable for a garage sale, put up an ad and sell it. Storage is expensive. Make sure you know what you are doing and aren’t afraid of heights.
Give the local tween a run for his money: it’s a dog-eat-dog world, you know!
18. I’m always thinking!
Many people don’t have the time or skill to do this job themselves. Pose as a Nude Model
9. Sell Your Old Books
14. This is pretty self-explanatory, but I’ll explain anyway. I made $30.00 an hour, in cash, to escort him out of the hospital. Who knows, you might find a niche that suits you and provides enough money to start your own business!
29. I’ve sold over 100 books at a store called Book-Off. It isn’t much but it’s better than nothing for books that you don’t want or have already read.
28. “I Will Wait for You”
Again, this is taking a risk, but life is risky. Babysit
Many cities have bookstores that will buy old books. Usually this entails standing on the curb and handing out fliers but hey, there are worse things out there!
22. Why? Because it works. Rent out Your Garage
In order to get money quickly and legally, you either have to sell, borrow, or beg for something.
You know that ring your great aunt left you that you never wear? Pawn it! You can get it back later if you want to.
Sure, it’s been done, but still, it’s a great way to get rid of your old junk and make some easy cash. Payday Loans
I’ve actually done this one so I know it’s possible, but I live in Manhattan where you can rent out just about anything for the right price. At art schools and classes that need live models, one can make $30 to $100 dollars an hour. Usually you don’t get much for your books. Clean Gutters
12. Of course, you should be careful not to rent out to criminals, but if you interview your prospective lodger carefully, trust your gut feelings, and get some money up front, it should work out for you; it worked out for me.
30. They also fed him lunch. Of course, you shouldn’t steal it, as some are prone to do!
5. I’ve also sold books at Powell’s bookstore in Portland, Oregon. Coins will help you figure out what to look for and how much you’ll get. Fix Something
You don’t have to be young or cute or female for this job. I would not recommend playing cards for money if you can’t count cards successfully.
6. The ones that are all silver don’t have the copper stripe and are dated between 1932 and 1964. Still, they are a way to get money fast.
19. 11. Sell Junk Metals
1. If you can undercut the going rate, you will have takers.
13. I wouldn’t do this, but you might.
8. People who don’t have money for a hotel still need a place to sleep and shower, and believe me they’d much rather stay on your couch than sleep in the car or on a park bench. Check Craigslist’s listings under “gigs,” as well as their job listings under “part-time” and “etc.”
7. Pet-Sit and Walk Dogs
26. It isn’t illegal, but the casinos don’t like it. Apparently, selling blood is illegal but selling plasma isn’t. You say you don’t have enough stuff? Well, hit up your friends, family, and neighbors. Pick them, set up a small roadside stand, and sell them.
I hate to even mention these, because the high rates are a ripoff (the equivalent of up to 400% interest, compared to up to 30% for credit cards). Again, see if your neighbor, friend, or acquaintance has any items they’d like to sell and offer to do it for them for a cut. I’m sure they have enough old stuff that they would be glad to get rid of!
In New York or L.A., you can do this and get paid the same day. If I were you, I’d pile them in. Collect Bottles and Cans
23. This site about U.S. Hey it works, I saw a guy sit in a busy downtown Manhattan Starbucks and I think he took in at least 200 bucks while I watched him for 2½ hours. Last but Not Least, SELL YOURSELF!
Clean up your crap and list your garage as a place where someone else can store their crap. Promote Clubs
4. A little competition never hurt anyone and hey, you’re desperate, right!
Okay, that’s all I can think of for now, all that’s legal at least , so good luck in making fast cash! If you have any other ideas, please comment below.
15. I thought it sounded like a good idea because people are busy and don’t want to take time off of work.
24. In New York I only got, on average, a dollar per book, but I sold all 150 books I brought for a total of $150. Sign up as an Extra on a Movie
3. Sell Your Old Gold Jewelry
Copper is going up, so if you can find copper and other scrap metal, you can sell it to a junk metal dealer and get money that very day. If you have a car, you can offer rides for a price. Shovel Snow
What are you good at? Can you fix a computer or a car? Advertise on Craigslist, fix something for someone, and you will be paid in cash that day!
17. Why not? The worst they can do is say no and think less of you, but maybe they’ll understand. Check Backstage Casting for more information.
25. If you can learn how to count cards, then the odds are in your favor. Pawn Something
This is what I call homeless work, but hey, homeless people aren’t collecting bottles and cans for nothing! For every recyclable container you bring in, you can earn approximately 5 to 10 cents, and it adds up quickly.
This has been a tried-and-true method to earn fast cash for a long time now. Of course, you don’t want Children’s Protective Services on your case, so keep it to five kids at a time and you’ll earn around $50.00 an hour (if you can handle it).
27. Sell Plasma
If it’s snowing, put an offer on Craigslist to shovel snow. It was the easiest money I ever made. Mow Lawns
21. Keep your mind on the cash, baby! If you have no friends, there are other people that will lend you money (see the video at the end of this article), although of course the terms may not be the greatest and you do have to have good credit.
20. From what I understand, Strand’s also buys books. Many people are too busy to do it themselves and they would be glad for your help. You can identify silver quarters by looking at the edge: the quarters that are not silver will have a stripe of copper. Beg
I’ve done this too (but once again, I’m in Manhattan)